Friday, May 04, 2007

And You SHUK Me All Night Long...

In the six or so months that I have been paying attention to tags, I find that I have become familiar with most of the tags that are on the Halifax peninsula at least. I have wondered if Spring and warmer weather would bring out new tags, and sure enough I have recently spotted several instances of SHUK. So far, I have seen SHUK at the Mumford Road Rail Bridge, and at the Skate Park. Note the one shot of the tag in white, likely done with an ordinary spray cap, as opposed to a cap designed specifically for graffiti - lots of overspray (fuzzy edges).

SHUK's style is still evolving, but they seem to be done by the same person (or at most two). My favorite is the one with the matching flourishes on the Lead S and Trailing K. So far SHUK seems to be avoiding the road of private property vandalism - we'll see what the coming seasons will bring...

No comments: