Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Exploring the Railway Cut

IMG_3024.JPG
The peninsula that Halifax started on is bisected by a channel cut into the local bedrock. The rail lines run through it (freight and VIArail only, not the much needed light commuter rail, but don't get me started). My sharp eyed son saw a small area of graffiti that led to a family walk recently (5 km along the tracks, 10 km total for my daughter and I searching for a lost cell phone, but that's another story). The graffiti is spectacular - lots of tagging/bombing, but alot of big pieces as well. It's well worth the walk - the tracks can easily be accessed behind Olgive Towers, and there are (were) no, 'No Trespassing' signs to be seen, so presumably is not prohibited. Just keep a sharp eye out for trains, if you walk the tracks, but there is no need to as there is loads of space.

If you want to give the walk a miss - just enjoy the photos here. If you do walk, keep an eye for my cell phone - leave a comment for me if you find it (I'm not holding my breath though).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Find the phone yet?

TagBagger said...

No - its gone gone....